our services & fees
We offer a range of architectural and interior design services and we are very flexible in terms of how we approach each project, and in terms of what we feel is required to meet the clients’ needs. We tend to work within Yorkshire, most frequently within the areas of Leeds, Bradford or Harrogate however, we will gladly undertake projects anywhere within the UK if practical.
Our fees are usually calculated on a time basis, ensuring we are as competitive as possible, in order to give our clients a value-for-money service. The following services are available separately or collectively and can be generally mixed and matched to suit the needs of each client and project:
- Householder Planning Applications for extensions, alterations and conversions to existing homes.
- Full Planning Applications for new build residential, commercial, industrial and retail developments
- Change of use Planning Applications for shops, restaurants and commercial premises
- Outline Planning Applications for larger schemes of all types
- Planning enquiries in order to determine the possible merits of a potential Planning Application
- Building Regulations Applications for new build residential, commercial, industrial and retail developments
- Building Regulations Applications for smaller residential projects such as extensions, loft conversions, garage conversions and general smaller refurbishment works
- Full interior design service
- Schematic design drawings and visuals
- 3D Visuals and animations
- Measured building surveys
- Full packages of construction drawings for building contractors
- Bespoke joinery and fit-out drawing packages
- Furniture and product design
- Conveyancing services for Estate Agents
how our services work
We offer an initial free consultation to all our new clients. This typically involves a site visit and meeting with the client in order to determine the merits of the project from a construction, planning, design and cost point of view. After discussing in detail the clients requirements we usually put forward a written proposal, carefully based on the information we have obtained from the client, which will clearly explain our involvement in the project and our fees for each element. We also take care to notify the client of any Local Authority fees (such as planning fees) and other Consultants fees accordingly. Along with the written proposal, we often produce free-hand sketches, or even photo-realistic 3D visuals, for our clients in order that they can visualize how the finished article will look. We never offer our services or involvement on a project unless we feel it is necessary and beneficial to the client.
“Innovative, speedy, reliable, personable, communicative. Mash Architecture helped us achieve our goals with minimal fuss.” Mr & Mrs Harvey, Alwoodley, Leeds
Once we have agreed terms with the client, and we are confident that we can put forward a design which they will be happy with, (but will also be buildable within budget, and constructed to the satisfaction of the Local Authority), we will undertake the required architectural design work using the latest fully licensed computer software to produce the necessary packages of information. As well as preparing and submitting Planning Applications and obtaining Building Regulations approvals for our clients, we also often obtain quotations from building contractors, many of which we have excellent and long-standing working relationships with.
Following the initial discussions with our clients, our aim is for them to do as little work as possible, and make the whole process as comfortable and stress-free as we possibly can. Many of our projects involve works which are carried out to occupied dwellings, and we realise that this can be a daunting process to many of our clients. This is always at the forefront of our minds, right throughout the project.
“As always, Mash Architecture have provided a very thorough quality service complimented by professional design delivery. The very highest standards and all delivered within workable project budgets” M. Bell, Managing Director, Blade Access, Bradford
“We pride ourselves on our customer service, sensible, speedy and efficient approach to producing information, our competitive and value-for-money fees, technical knowledge and design flair. On top of this, we always endeavour to ensure our clients are satisfied with our service at the end of their project”.